Prospective buyers will need evidence that their investment in your property is free of title defects. In fact, your contract of sale probably requires it. We can assist in resolving all discovered title issues including satisfaction of your current mortgage, judgments, liens, probate issues, municipal code violations and liens, permit issues and state and federal tax liens.
We will prepare all documents necessary for the transfer of property and clear all issues so that the title to the property will pass free and clear to the buyer.
In preparation for closing you need to provide the following:
- Correct Names of all parties on the title to the property
- Homeowners Association contact information, including contact name, address and telephone number
- All payoff information, including contact information for each loan, account numbers and Social Security numbers for all parties on the loan and, if necessary, a signed third-party release allowing your lender to release information about your loan to our firm
- Copies of invoices for any repairs that are to be paid at Closing
- Your forwarding address
- Your Social Security number
- Your telephone number
- Copies of any relevant Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney or Corporate Documents related to the Seller
- If you are a foreign seller we will need to arrange for FIRPTA documents to be prepared. Please discuss this with us as soon as possible.
- If you will not be present at closing then you will need to notify us that this will be a mail-away closing. We can arrange for a notary to meet you if necessary to execute your documents.
- If you are the only person on title and you are married, then your spouse will probably need to attend closing to sign closing and transfer documents.
Prior to Closing you should arrange for the following:
- Cancellation of Insurance coverage for your home
- Transfer of Utilities (water, electric, cable, etc.)
- Termination or transfer of other services (pool, yard, etc.)
Please bring the following to your Closing:
- Photo identification for all parties on Title and another piece of ID. (2 total)
- Any Home Warranty information, if applicable
- Copies of invoices for any repairs, if applicable
- Keys and/or garage door openers to the property
- Wire instructions for your bank